Downtown Klamath County Library
- Wednesday, October 4th at 3:30 pm: Sorting Hat Ceremony! Are you a brave Gryffindor, a hard-working Hufflepuff, a clever Ravenclaw or an ambitious Slytherin? Find out with our Sorting Hat! This event is for all ages.
- Thursday, October 10th at 5:30 pm: Hogwarts Graduate School – Harry Potter crafts for adults! We don’t want to leave out the folks who grew up with Harry Potter! We’ll make some Hogwarts-themed crafts while we debate which House is the coolest. (Spoilers: it’s Hufflepuff.) This event is for Harry Potter fans 19 and up.
- Wednesday, October 11th at 3:30 pm: Transfigurations! Transform your drawings into charms and pendants with the power of our magical shrinking plastic. This craft is for ages 18 and under.
- Friday, October 13th at 3:30 pm: Ollivander’s Wand Shop! They say the wand chooses the wizard… customize a wand that’s as unique as you are! This craft is for all ages.
- Wednesday, October 18th at 3:30 pm: Potions! Gather around the cauldron and mix up a slime concoction! This craft is for ages 18 and under.
- Saturday, October 21st at 2:30 pm: Quidditch Match! Dust off your Snitch-catching skills, it’s time for quidditch! Please note that this event requires registration so we know how many brooms to get ready. This game is for players ages 11 to 18.
- Tuesday, October 24th at 5 pm: The Owls of Harry Potter! Bird expert Teresa “Bird” Wicks from the Great Outdoor Alliance will tell us all about the real-life owls who inspired the letter-carrying creatures of Hogwarts. And you can make a felt-fabric messenger owl of your very own! This event is for all ages.
- Wednesday, October 25th at 3:30 pm Defense Against the Dark Arts! It’s very important for every young witch and wizard to learn how to defend themselves from the forces of evil… because you never know if the forces of you-know-who might interrupt a lesson! This event is for ages 18 and under.
Registration for these events is not required, except for the Quidditch Match. Children under 10 should come with a parent or guardian, please. For more information or to sign up for the Quidditch Match, please call 541-882-8894 or visit the Youth Services desk.